i'm not a "GO GREEN" fanatic, but when i come across something that is awesome and eco-friendly, then why not? You'd think it would be more expensive but it's not. It might even make you sound cool in a conversation, but seriously.. bamboo flooring looks sweet. The kind i posted here is tiger stripe. creative name... i know.
Some basic facts about bamboo flooring:
- Bamboo is harder than other hard floors. It's more durable.
- Bamboo matures in less than two years making it a very renewable resource, where as hardwood floors are made from trees often hundreds of years old (often rain forest woods) and contributes to deforestation.
- Bamboo flooring is an inexpensive alternative to hardwood flooring.
- Bamboo floors are environmentally friendly. Bamboo hardwood floors are recognized by the US Green Building Counsel as a sustainable product and a low-emitting product. Made with safe resins and extremely low formaldehyde emissions, bamboo flooring is an excellent floor for healthy homes.
- Bamboo is a grass, the use of pesticides and fertilizers is not needed.
- Bamboo flooring is less susceptible to water damage than most traditional hardwood floors, but it’s still susceptible.